downsizing to a smaller property Are you spending money on heating a large house you don’t need and/or struggling to maintain the house and garden? Would you like to move to a smaller home?

South Essex Homes wants to help Council tenants living in larger properties to move to more suitably sized homes, which in turn will help families who need larger accommodation.

In order to do this, South Essex Homes is offering a financial incentive to move. Any Southend-on-Sea City Council tenant who wants to move to a property with fewer bedrooms is eligible to apply.

How do I apply?

You need to apply for a transfer, which can be done by creating a Homeseekers Application via the login/My Account tab on the Council’s ‘On the Move’ website. Your application will be assessed and you will be placed on a waiting list in accordance with your assessment priority.

You can contact South Essex Homes for a Tenancy Incentive Scheme Application form. Only after you have been made an offer of accommodation will your request for a Tenancy Incentive grant be processed. This will be subject to funds available.