Housing Benefit

South Essex Homes can provide you with help and support making a claim for housing benefit.

To make a claim online for housing benefit and council tax reduction you need to register for MySouthend to access MySouthend forms. As well as being able to apply online for housing benefit and council tax reduction, if you register for MySouthend, you can have access to your Council Tax bills, make payments, view your account, check your housing benefit entitlement, payment dates and notifications and tell Southend-on-Sea City Council about changes to your circumstances.

To find out more, see the About MySouthend page: http://www.southend.gov.uk/MySouthend

To register, or to sign in to your MySouthend account: https://my.southend.gov.uk/


Need more help?

Please select the following links for further information about:

Our friendly Support Services Team would be happy to help you use a computer to make your claim - please contact them on 01702 212650 for more information.

The Hub, based on the first floor of The Victoria shopping centre in Southend town centre, is open Monday to Friday should you wish to drop in to use a computer free of charge - and help is at hand should you need it!